The Genie AI Startup Starter Pack
🚀 Before we get started: If you are working on a legal issue - why not try our AI Legal Assistant? it's free while in beta
What do you do if you want to establish and grow your business on a strong legal foundation, but you don't have £450 per hour to spare on legal fees?
We are delighted to announce that we have just put together our first bundle of trusted commercial document templates. They are available absolutely free to everyone - as part of our mission to open source the law.
By using Genie AI's Legal Startup Starter Pack you'll have all the document templates you'd need to scale your business on a firm legal foundation.
How much are these templates worth?
These would usually cost you over £30,000 if you asked a law-firm to draft them.
Note: If you are following the tech-startup route of Pre-Seed, Seed and Series A investment rounds, they can cost £75,000 on their own. We haven't included that cost here.
What do these templates cover?
They are 60+ of the most important business contracts and legal document templates for small businesses -> covering company formation, sales, employment, investment, intellectual property and data protection.
How can you trust these templates?
They have been created by top lawyers such as Geoffrey Mead, former Employment Partner at a major law firm, and Szab Gall, former General Counsel of Tesco Central Europe, as well as synthesised from Genie’s database of hundreds of thousands of contracts. Genie AI is backed by Lord Neuberger, former President of the Supreme Court of the UK.
Isabelle Gough, CEO of Cercula (an ESG calculator for the construction industry) said:
“Finding Genie's lawyer-drafted NDAs and Software pilot licence solved a painful issue for the business. Genie AI has saved me thousands in legal fees.”
Where can I get them?
Just go to app.genieai.co/community to access all our templates, or find the right one for your startup/SME below.
The starter pack templates are grouped below so they're easy to navigate.
- Model Articles of Association (BVCA)
- Articles Of Association For Joint Venture Company With Individual Shareholders
- Articles Of Association For Joint Venture Deadlock
- Articles Of Association For Joint Ventures With Non-Equal Shareholdings
- Founder Agreement
- Intellectual Property Assignment (for founders to assign IP to company)
- Pre-Seed/Seed Term Sheet (Founder friendly) (MBM Commercial)
- Seed Investment Term Sheet (Genie AI)
- Model Term Sheet for a Series A Round (BVCA)
- Standard Series A Term Sheet (YC)
Making your first sale
- Letter of Intent
- Non Binding Offer Letter (Commercial)
- Memorandum Of Understanding (Two Parties)
- Pilot / Trial Software Evaluation Licence
- License To Evaluate Software And NDA
Sales and partnerships (ongoing)
- Standard Services Agreement
- Master Services Agreement (SaaS)
- SaaS Agreement (YC)
- B2B Simple Framework Services Agreement (Supplier Friendly)
- SaaS (Software) Subscription Agreement (Pro-Supplier)
- B2B Online Terms And Conditions For Sale Of Goods (E-Commerce)
- B2B Terms And Conditions (Supply Of Services)
- Collaboration agreements (Lambert Toolkit)
- One-Way NDA (Taylor Vinters)
- Mutual NDA (Taylor Vinters)
Hiring/employing a team
- Standard Junior Employment Contract
- Intern Agreement Letter
- Senior Employment Agreement
- Senior Employee Or Executive Employment Contract
- Contractor / Consultancy Agreement (Via personal service company)
- Contractor / Consultancy Agreement (Not using a personal service company)
- Consultancy Agreement
- Recruiter Contract (Consultancy Agreement)
- Advisor Agreement (Payment via Share Options) (requires Share Option Programme)
- Advisory Agreement (Payment via Salary or Share Options)
- Independent Non-Executive Director (NED) Letter Agreement
Managing share options for your team
- UK businesses can get tax-advantaged share options (gov.uk)
- EMI Options Agreement
- Time and Performance Based Employee Share Option Grant (Non Tax-Advantaged)
- Share Option Agreement (Exit-Only And Non Tax Advantaged)
- Standard Share Subscription Agreement For Employees or Directors
Data protection (e.g. UK GDPR)
- Data Sharing Agreement (MBM Commercial)
- Data Processing Agreement (Controller friendly) (Taylor Vinters)
- Whole Office Lease
- Partial Office Lease (In Line With RICS 2018, 2020)
- Commercial Lease (for Mutuals & Cooperatives)
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Grievance Policy
- Clean Desk & Clear Screen Policy
- Backup Policy
- Employee Laptop Policy
- Cloud Computing Policy
- 3rd Party Supplier Security Requirements Policy
- Email and Internet Acceptable Usage Policy
You'll also find usage statistics by template so you can decide which template is most appropriate for your firm based on your sector. We spent months putting these templates together, after analysing usage data from 1000+ Genie AI users over the past 12 months. We are committed to keeping them up to date as the law continues to change, as a public service.
In addition to that, discussions on each template provide access to shared knowledge, tips and hints between startups and lawyers at the template, and clause level. There are no stupid questions - and we will always respond - so please do use that feature if you get stuck.
This Startup Pack is designed for all UK SMEs (with a particular focus on early stage startups looking to become the high-growth enterprises of tomorrow).