A company's articles of association are its constitutional documents. They set out the rules governing the internal management of the company, and the rights and duties of its members. The articles are binding on all members of the company, and cannot be changed without the consent of all members.
Note: Working on a legal issue? Try our AI Legal Assistant - It's free while in beta 🚀Use our legal assistant
There are a few things you will need to do when starting a business in the UK:
1. Choose a business structure - this will determine what legal documents you will need. For example, if you are setting up a limited company, you will need to register with Companies House and file certain documents.
2. Register your business - you will need to register your business with HMRC and other relevant authorities.
3. Get a business bank account - you will need to open a business bank account in order to separate your personal and business finances.
4. Draw up contracts - if you will be working with clients or customers, it is important to have contracts in place. This will protect both parties and ensure that everyone is clear on what is expected.
5. Comply with regulations - there are various regulations that businesses need to comply with in the UK. For example, you will need to have employer's liability insurance if you have employees.